News – April 2018
- As of April 1, 2018, Gift Lake has a budget, following the Budget Consultation held on March 27th and on March 29th Council gave 3rd Reading of the Budget Bylaw #001 for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.
- Council met with Rachel Notley, Premier of Alberta on April 17, 2018, at the Legislature Building. MSGC and the Board Members discussed key issues and concerns with the Premier
- .MSGC is hosted a Climate Change Open House on Friday April 20, 2018 at the MSGC offices.
- Elders Coordinator position -Brenda Auger has been hired as the Elders Coordinator, she can be reached at 780-767-2757. For the time being Brenda will be in the office Monday-Thursday to get the Elders programming off the ground.
- Finance Clerk position has been filled by Christie Courtorielle, she will join Bev in the finance office.
- Lois L’Hlrondelle will be answering phones at the settlement office for a couple of weeks for her practicum. There are several members doing their practicums around the settlement at this time. Thank you to Programs & Services, settlement office and GLDC for providing placements.
Medical Travel Assistance
Status Checks must be done using a Long Form Birth Certificate in order to receive Medical Travel benefits from the settlement
(status checks expire after 1 year, please update if you haven’t already done so). If you’re not residing on the settlement, you must have a current Leave of Absence. Please see Delilah, Lands & Membership Clerk to fill out the necessary forms.
Member Concerns – Monday May 7, 2018
Please call the settlement office to book an appointment, if you wish to meet with Council with your concerns.
Settlement office – 780-767-3794.
Travel Club Fundraiser
Please check for postings or Gift Lake discussion page for more information – events are subject to change without notice
I believe spring has finally sprung!!! ! .. if you are planning to burn yard debris or grass, please sign up for a Fire Permit at the Settlement office.
Garden Tilling – will be available again this spring – a notice will be posted in early May.
Please note that your garden area should be cleaned of debris (ie: sticks, rocks, and garbage), and for new gardens gas line and phone locates must be done prior to tilling
Fitness for Gift Lake WLFF Crews
Date: April 27, 2018 – weather permitting
Time: 10:00 am at the GLDC yard
Contact Terry G. Anderson at 767-3894 or at 780-649-5701, if you have any questions